What Our Guests Are Saying...
“Asheville from a perfect vantage point....”
"We spent four lovely days at the Bent Creek Lodge. Jodee and Doug are the friendliest, most helpful hosts we have encountered in our travels. The Lodge is a beautiful hand-built structure that seems right at home in its wooded setting. It's perfectly located almost next to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Asheville Arboretum, about 15 minutes from downtown Asheville. "
“Wonderful lodge with hiking trails right outside”
Asheville really does have something for everyone.
The Asheville area has a thriving arts community, diverse outdoor adventures, a vibrant and inviting downtown, numerous historic and architectural attractions, and unique shopping options. Below are links to help you find and enjoy the activities you would like to do in Asheville and maybe even discover some new options. We would be glad to help you make arrangements. Just give us a call.
Asheville offers an amazing choice of dining options from gourmet worldly presentations to down-home country delights. Almost all are independently owned. These are a few of our favorites but we have a host of others to suggest at the lodge. Nearly all of the restaurants offer casual dining, but reservations are recommended for weekends to ensure you can enjoy your favorite spot. We’re happy to offer suggestions and make dinner reservations for you during your stay.
Guest Shawn Burns
- Limones – An all together different world of Mexican/Californian Cuisine, Downtown. 828-252-2327.
- Rezaz – Contemporary Mediterranean Cuisine, Biltmore Village.
- Modesto – Wood fired Italian, Grove Arcade. 828-225-4133.
- Salsa’s – A funky, innovative blend of Caribbean flavors, downtown.
- Corner Kitchen - Handcrafted American food with a Southern twist, Biltmore Village, 828-274-2439.
- The Market Place – A bench mark of fine dining in Asheville, Wall Street Downtown, 828-252-4162
- The Admiral – An innovative, daily changing, global menu & cocktails in a humble, cinder block building. 828-252-2541.
- Mela – Indian food done right, Lexington, downtown. 828-225-8880.
- Laughing Seed – Eclectic, organic, vegetarian, Wall Street downtown. 828-252-3445.
- Tupelo Honey – Southern cookin’ with an uptown twist. Downtown - 828-255-4863, Hendersonville Rd. - 828-505-7676.
- Zambra – Unique, Tapas bar and more, downtown. 828-232-1060.
- 131 Main – Fresh American Cuisine in an inviting, elegant setting only 3 miles away in Biltmore Park Town Square. 828-651-0131.
- Curate - Authentic Spanish Tapas 828-239-2946
- Asheville Independent Restaurants Links to many more of Asheville's fine restaurants.
From historical to hilarious, sumptuous to spooky Asheville has a fun tour for everyone.
- Asheville Food Tours 828-273-0365
- Trolley Tours of Asheville 828-251-8687
- Great Smokey Mountains Railroad 800-872-4681
- LaZoom Tours 828-225-6932
- Asheville Ghost Tour 828-355-5855
- Asheville Urban Trail
- Asheville Brews Cruise 828-545-5181
- Sierra Nevada Brewery Tour Tour the new Mills River Brewery to trace their history as a pioneer in craft beers. 90 min. tours fill fast. You must book online. 828-708-6176
- Velo Girl Rides - A bicycle tour company based in Black Mountain that offers one-day and multi-day guded tours, 540-320-2849
Asheville and the Biltmore Village area offer a wide selection of retailers from high-end antiques in the Grove Arcade to funky wear on Lexington. Retail stores in downtown Asheville reflect the independent nature of the city – you will find few chain stores downtown.
Horseback Riding and Ballooning
Horses and balloons are another way to explore the beauty of the area
- Asheville Hot Air Balloons – One of the most incredible things to do in Asheville, 828-667-9943
- Pisgah Forest Riding Stables – In the heart of the Pisgah Forest, near Brevard,
- Sandy Bottom Trail Rides – 24 miles north of Asheville toward Hot Springs,
Golf - The golf courses in the mountains are especially beautiful
Hiking and Biking
The Asheville area is a mecca for hiking and biking with trails to suit any level. We’ve been exploring these trails for 25+ years and enjoy helping you find the best sites. We love to join our guests on rides whenever we can.
- Liberty Bikes – Asheville’s largest Bike Shop, 828-274-2453
- Carolina Fatz Cycling Center – Nearest Bike Shop to us and Bent Creek Recreation Area, 828-665-7744
- Motion Makers – Another bike shop close to Bent Creek, 828-633-2227
- Sycamore Cycles – Adjacent to Pisgah forest, has bike rentals, 828-877-5790
- Backcountry Outdoors – adjacent to Pisgah Forest, has bike rentals and hiking gear, 828-884-8670
- Climbmax – climbing wall, hiking and climbing guides, 828-252-9996
- Velo Girl Rides - a bicycle tour company based in Black Mountain that offers one-day and multiday guided tours, 540-320-2849
Trail Information Sites
Parks and Forest
The Asheville area has an amazingly vast selection of public lands to explore whether you are hiking, biking, horseback ridings or just driving around
Guest Lois Uthman
- NC Arboretum – The entrance is just ½ mile from our drive. World class Bonsai exhibits to Segway tours. 828-665-2492
- Bent Creek Recreation Area Trail Map – downloadable pdf
- Blue Ridge Parkway – We are just a few yards off the Parkway at milepost 393, the Premier Scenic Roadway.
- Craggy Gardens – One of the most dramatic spots on the Parkway
- DuPont State Forest – One of our favorite places for biking, hiking, and waterfalls.
- WNC Nature Center - a living museum of plants and animals native to the Appalachian region here in Asheville, 828-298-5600
- Mt. Mitchell State Park – highest peak in the east,
- Chimney Rock State Park - spectacular 75-mile views, hiking trails for all ages, a 404-foot waterfall,
Fishing, Rafting & Canoeing
Guests Pat Yonatis
From whitewater rafting on the French Broad River to fly fishing for native brook trout on a mountains stream, the Asheville area offers lots of fun on the water.
- Davidson River Outfitters on the Davidson River in Brevard, have private trout waters for trophy size fish. 828-877-4181, 888-861-0111
- Curtis Wright Outfitters in Biltmore Village are great folks, 828-274-3471
- Hunter Banks on Montford Ave in Asheville 800-227-6732
- Asheville Fly Fishing Co A guide owned and operated service. 828-779-9008
Rafting and Canoeing Trips and Rentals
- Asheville Outdoor Center quietwater river trips float past the Biltmore Estate, and more. 800-849-1970
- Nantahala Outdoor Center One of the originators of whitewater rafting has trips on the French Broad and many others. 800-849-1970
- Wildwater Rafting Ltd 866-319-8870
- Mtn. Adventure Guides/USA Raft rafting, caving, & climbing 866-872-7238
- French Broad Rafting Expedition 880-570-7238
A trip to a spa or a massage is an ideal treat for your loved one or to recover from those outdoor activities.
Guests Jason & Meredith
It is well worth the time to visit the past at any of Asheville’s historic sites.
Festivals and Events
Festivals in the Asheville area include celebrations for Flowers, Music, Magic, Trails, Rivers, Hats, Pots, BBQ, Beer, Dance, Running, Ramps, Waterfalls, Crafts and many more. They have become too numerous for us to keep track but you can check them all out along with many other area activities at: