Getting out into the Blue Ridge Mountains is exhilarating!
Conquer the Blue Ridge Parkway or wind through tree-lined trails on foot, wheels or by horseback! Whether you’re beginner or experienced outdoors-person, there’s an Asheville trail for almost everyone! We really love the Blue Ridge Mountains and Asheville hiking, biking and horseback riding, and know you will too.
Hiking and Biking
The Asheville area is a mecca for hiking and biking with trails to suit any level. We’ve been exploring these trails for 25+ years and enjoy helping you find the best sites. We love to join our guests on rides whenever we can.
Parks and Forest
The Asheville area has an amazingly vast selection of public lands to explore whether you are hiking, biking, horseback riding or just driving around
- NC Arboretum – The entrance is just ½ mile from our drive. World class Bonsai exhibits to Segway tours. 828-665-2492
- Bent Creek Recreation Area Trail Map – downloadable pdf
- Blue Ridge Parkway – We are just a few yards off the Parkway at milepost 393, the Premier Scenic Roadway.
- Craggy Gardens – One of the most dramatic spots on the Parkway
- DuPont State Forest – One of our favorite places for biking, hiking, and waterfalls.
- WNC Nature Center – a living museum of plants and animals native to the Appalachian region here in Asheville, 828-298-5600
- Mt. Mitchell State Park – highest peak in the east,
- Chimney Rock State Park – spectacular 75-mile views, hiking trails for all ages, a 404-foot waterfall,
Trail Information Sites
- Hiking near Asheville – Easy Hikes, Moderate Hikes, Difficult Hikes
- Asheville Biking Info
- Waterfalls near Asheville
- Cultivate Climbing – climbing wall, hiking and climbing guides, 828-505-4446
- Velo Girl Rides – a bicycle tour company based in Black Mountain that offers one-day and multiday guided tours, 540-320-2849
- Liberty Bikes – Asheville’s largest Bike Shop, 828-274-2453
- Carolina Fatz Cycling Center – Nearest Bike Shop to us and Bent Creek Recreation Area, 828-665-7744
- Motion Makers – Another bike shop close to Bent Creek, 828-633-2227
- Sycamore Cycles – Adjacent to Pisgah forest, has bike rentals, 828-877-5790
Horseback riding is another way to explore the beauty of the area.
Area horseback riding offers a relaxing way to take in the views, from the Biltmore Estate to back-country scenery.
Pisgah Forest Riding Stables
In the heart of the Pisgah Forest, near Brevard.
Sandy Bottom Trail Rides
24 miles north of Asheville toward Hot Springs.
Cedar Creek Stables
Offers guided 1 hour and 1.5 hour trail rides through a creek and on wide mountain trails.
Smoky Mountain Trail Rides and Bison Farm
30 minutes from Asheville, at a secluded mountain top setting. They ride to the highest point in the area, with spectacular scenery and views along the way.